CABLESETC Pure Copper Metal Plugs Optical SPDIF Audio Miniplug To Miniplug Male Cable 1.8m
- Optical Miniplug to MiniPlug Cable
- Please Note: Optical Miniplug is not the same as an Analog 3.5mm stereo plug that you see on normal AUX cables. This is a special connector meant only for optical ports found on some laptops and macbooks.
- This is useful for connecting a device like a macbook having a combo headphone jack supporting both Analog and Optical Miniplug.
- The speaker system or the amplifier also must have a miniplug type optical input.
- This will not work with normal headphone jacks or speaker’s/PC’s line in ports.
Digital Optical Miniplug to Digital Optical Miniplug* Cable
*Please Note: Digital Optical Miniplug is not the same as normal 3.5mm Analog stereo headphone plug. This is only for digital optical signals. This kind of miniplug optical ports are usually found on Apple Macbooks, Mac Minis that serve the twin purpose of an headphone jack as well as a digital audio output. Also they are found on some Portable Digital to Analog converters like Nuforce Icon HDP.
-Pure Copper connectors.
-Connector 1: (1) Digitial Optical Miniplug Male
&n bsp; &nbs p; 2: (1) Digitial Optical Miniplug Male
Optical Fiber Digital Audio cables carry Digital audio data in the form of light pulses rather than using electricity eliminating the distortions caused by inductance capacitance and resistance of wire cables. Mini plug (or Mini Toslink) is a standardized optical fiber connection system most common in consumer audio equipment. Many notebook computers have combination Headphone/Optical outputs and microphone/ or line-in/Optical inputs using Mini-plug. The connector looks like a mini Stereo Jack except the tip has a fiber connection. Mini-plug jacks are commonly found on Apple computers and portable Mini Disc players. These provide the same capabilities but are almost exactly the same size and shape as the ubiquitous 3.5mm Stereo Jacks (they are 0.5mm longer to prevent an analog plug from contacting the LED).